Why Home Buying is a Little Weird
Home buying can get a little weird, right? You're making the biggest financial decision of your life and sometimes, you have to make it within the 30-minute window of a showing or open house. That's why when I accompany my clients to showings, I encourage you to spend time getting to know the property and deciding if it checks enough of your boxes, while I focus on making sure we ask the following questions:
1) Why is the homeowner selling?
2) How long has the property been on the market?
3) Are there any other offers on the property?
4) When does the seller want to move?
5) Has the seller made any major updates to the property?
6) How old are the appliances, roof, and heating/cooling systems? Are they in good condition?
7) Have there been any foundational issues?
8) Has the sewer ever backed up?
9) Have there been any leaks or water damage to the property?
10) What are the property taxes?
11) How much do utilities cost?
12) What is the school district?
Call, text or email me and I'll try to make it a little less weird